Spanish Muslim students have no access to Islamic education

2015-04-11 08:17:22 | Al Muslim News
Spanish Muslim students have no access to Islamic education

 

A report released by the Union of Islamic communities (UCIDE) in Spain, concluded that Ninety% of Muslim students registered in Spanish schools have no access to Islamic religion classes.
According the demographics study of the Muslim population in Spain, conducted by to the UCIDE, only in Andalusia, Aragon, Basque Country, Canary Islands and the autonomous cities of Ceuta and Melilla are offer basic Islamic education in elementary schools, Anadolu Agency reported.
In Basque Count, around 6,065 Muslim students, of which 5032 are foreigners and 1033 students are Spanish. There are only two Islamic education teachers in total, at the primary level, the report pointed out.
Meanwhile nine out of 10 Islamic education teachers are unemployed. In total, there are 275,324 Muslims students in country (112, 214 Spaniards and 163,110 immigrants) and only the above mentioned communities and two autonomous cities have Islamic education teachers. The UCIDE report suggests that, depending on the density of Muslim students in primary and secondary schools, communities of Balearic Islands, Catalonia, La Rioja, Madrid, Murcia, Valencia and Castilla-La Mancha should also offer Islamic religion classes.
Muslims make up 3.8 percent of the country’ total population, 40% are Spanish and the rest 60% are immigrants, according to UCIDE.
Majority of the Muslims in Spain are mostly Morocco descent although there is a significant presence of Pakistanis and Senegalese Muslims in major cities like Barcelona, Valencia and Logrono.

.

Tags: #

Latest News

What to Next

Samsung facing growing threats despite record profits

SEOUL (South Korea): Sprawling South Korean conglomerate Samsung Electronics has recovered from a humiliating recall fiasco and the arrest of its de f... More

Iranian Pilgrims Return To Hajj After 2016 Boycott

BEIRUT: Nearly 90,000 Iranians are expected to perform the Haj in Makkah this year after Tehran boycotted the pilgrimage last year amid tensions with ... More

Israel reopens Al Aqsa mosque, but Palestinians refuse to enter

JERUSALEM: Israel reopened an ultra-sensitive holy site on Sunday closed after an attack that killed two policemen, but Muslim worshippers were refusi... More

At Least 60 dead in 'US-Air strike' in Syria's al-Mayadeen

A suspected US-led coalition air raid on an ISIL-run prison in eastern Syria has killed at least 57 people, according to a monitoring group.  ... More

Kuwait launches online platform to educate migrant workers

Kuwait: Kuwait has launched an online platform in five languages Arabic, English, Hindi, Filipino and Urdu to educate foreigner workers on their legal... More

India forces martyr two more Kashmiri youth in IoK

SRINAGAR: Indian security forces, in their recent act of state act of terrorism, martyred 2 additional geographic areai youth in Kupwara district of o... More

Saudi Arabia Suddenly Has a New Crown Prince

King Salman removed his nephew, Mohammed bin Nayef, as crown prince. And he appointed his son to take on the position instead.... More

Turkey awards Pakistan Arm Chief Gen Bajwa Legion of Merit for his services

ANKARA: Chief of the military staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa arrived here on Tuesday on an officer visit. The COAS visited the solon burial ch... More

Israel starts work on new settlement amid US peace push

JERUSALEM: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin announced the start of work Tuesday on a new settlement in the occupied West Bank as US envoys prepared to ... More

Syria army, opposition confirm nationwide truce

Syria's army said Thursday it would halt all military operations from midnight, under a deal brokered by Russia and Turkey, with the opposition Na... More

25