Indian Police officer Sanjiv Bhatt, who had taken on the Gujarat government over its handling of the 2002 riots, has been dismissed from service for “flagrantly” flouting rules “with complete disregard to discipline”.
In a tweet on, Bhatt wrote: “Finally removed from service today after serving 27 years in the Indian Police Service. Once again eligible for employment. :) Any takers?”
Mr Bhatt had to pay the price against going then Gujrat’s Chief Minister Narendra Modi over the 2002 riots cases.
Bhatt has been under suspension since 2011 after he took on the then state government under Narendra Modi over the 2002 Gujarat riots.
Bhatt had claimed he could not attend to his duties because his mother was ailing. He had also said since he was to appear before the Nanavati Commission, which was investigating the 2002 riots related cases, his presence was required in Ahmedabad — which he also confirmed in his Facebook post.
Bhatt had filed an affidavit before the Supreme Court, claiming that he had attended a meeting on February 27, 2002 at Modi’s residence in Gandhinagar, where he claimed the then CM Modi allegedly told his officers to “allow Hindus to vent their anger”.
However, his claim was rejected by the Supreme Court appointed-Special Investigation Team, which probed nine major incidents related to the riots.
Bhatt is also facing a couple of criminal cases, including one related to a custodial death in Jamnagar in 1998. In 2011, he was arrested by Ahmedabad police after a constable lodged an FIR against him claiming that Bhatt forced him to file a false affidavit related to the 2002 riots.
The sacking of Sanjiv Bhatt is being seen as a clear case of vendetta on the part of Gujarat government against those who tried to go against Mr Modi.. Tags: #
SEOUL (South Korea): Sprawling South Korean conglomerate Samsung Electronics has recovered from a humiliating recall fiasco and the arrest of its de f... More
BEIRUT: Nearly 90,000 Iranians are expected to perform the Haj in Makkah this year after Tehran boycotted the pilgrimage last year amid tensions with ... More
JERUSALEM: Israel reopened an ultra-sensitive holy site on Sunday closed after an attack that killed two policemen, but Muslim worshippers were refusi... More
A suspected US-led coalition air raid on an ISIL-run prison in eastern Syria has killed at least 57 people, according to a monitoring group. ... More
Kuwait: Kuwait has launched an online platform in five languages Arabic, English, Hindi, Filipino and Urdu to educate foreigner workers on their legal... More
SRINAGAR: Indian security forces, in their recent act of state act of terrorism, martyred 2 additional geographic areai youth in Kupwara district of o... More
ANKARA: Chief of the military staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa arrived here on Tuesday on an officer visit. The COAS visited the solon burial ch... More
JERUSALEM: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin announced the start of work Tuesday on a new settlement in the occupied West Bank as US envoys prepared to ... More