A spokesman for the Saudi-led military coalition says that major combat operations in Yemen are coming to an end, after which the coalition will work on "long-term" plans to bring stability to the country.
Brigadier General Ahmed al-Asiri told The Associated Press on Thursday that the coalition will continue to provide air support to Yemeni forces battling Houthi rebels and militants on the ground.
The year long air campaign and ground assault was intended to roll back the Houthis, who seized the capital, Sanaa, in 2014 and still control it.
Al-Asiri says the coalition is investigating reports of mass killings in northern Yemen after two Saudi-led airstrikes hit a market on Tuesday.
The Houthi-controlled state news agency, SABA, said at least 65 people were killed and 55 wounded.. Tags: #
LONDON: Millions of pounds from the private estate of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II have been invested in offshore tax haven funds, a hu... More
BEIRUT: Hassan Nasrallah, the head of Hezbollah, said on Sunday the resignation of Saad Hariri had been “imposed” by Saudi Arabia. &ldq... More
Saudi authorities have announced that they will freeze the bank accounts of the 11 suspects detained in the kingdom on corruption charges,&n... More
New York: Taxi service 'Ober' and 'Lift' banned American women, after hitting violent attacks on Muslims after a truck attack in the U... More
CHARIKAR: At least 15 people were killed and 27 wounded when fuel tankers exploded in the town of Charikar, northwest of the Afghan capital Kabul on W... More
KUALA LUMPUR: When Zakir Naik emerged from a prominent Malaysian mosque last month fans swarmed about him, seeking selfies with the Indian Muslim tele... More